Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cheesecake Gelato = Heaven in a Cup

Sunday. The biggest day of this trip related to any actual work. Lily and I gave our presentation on Theatres. The group went to Ostia Antica, an old used to be port city. So far after being in two villas, I've realized these are definitely some of the coolest places since you actually get to see how a place was set up, how it functions, and all of the different buildings and the way they were used. The most unique part of the day was however, giving a presentation on theatres at the theatre in Ostia Antica. We started out by performing a part of the beginning of Oedipus Rex, perfectly, of course. Then onto the boring part of the presentation spitting facts to people. Followed by another exciting part where we grabbed two of the guys from the audience to perform a second part of Oedipus Rex where Oedipus and Jocasta realize they're married and related... It was hilarious watching two of the more awkward guys, because only men were actors, perform this part of the play. They performed marvelously. After that we had to continue presenting in the beating sun, which I didn't mind because I'm getting so tan.

The next day and half were quite uneventful. I had dinner with my friends Sunday night and attempted to go out. We found a club called Beige, hung out there for a while, then headed home.

Monday I was able to sleep in until noon. It. Was. Amazing. I can't believe I've been getting up so early this entire trip and going hard all day/night. I took all of Monday to rest and relax, especially since it was a holiday, the Feast of St. Paul, and everything was closed.

Today, Tuesday, June 30th, we had our last day of classroom lecture. It wasn't that long. We were all going a little nuts. After that I met a friend from Brown who is doing another program in Rome for gelato and just some chill down time.

Then. Dinner. Followed by THE BEST GELATO IN THE WORLD. Cheesecake with blueberry. I can't even explain. It was heavenly.

Now, filling out this blog and getting ready for my last 3 days in Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment